Playground:Alistair Knox Park
Address: near 14 Panther Place
Eltham VIC 3095
Alistair Knox Park playground is found on Cnr of Main Rd and Panther Pl in Eltham. It's right near the library, is a short walk from train station, plenty of nearby parking, a good cafe next to library. The play area is upgraded and the equipment has plenty of interesting and unique stuff. There are a number of sound sculptures by Herbert Jercher, squeaky tyres, musical decking balls on a zig-zagging balance beam, a sonic bollard and a xylotapophone. Furthermore, a supernova, huge spring see-saw, nest swing, four regular swings and a multi-play unit with tunnel, slide, clatter bridge, pommels, monkey bars and small climbing wall. The park has several decorative sculptures by local artist Leigh Conkie, has a small wetlands lake, great tracks winding through it, grassy spaces for ball games and the other side of the park (on Susan St next to Bunnings Warehouse) there is a skate park for the older kids. Also there are a barbecue and plenty of seats and tables dotted about the place, and public toilets. Great park and playground, good for all the family to spend nice time together.
Your Feedback & Rating
Other Nearby Playgrounds
- Olympic Avenue Park in Montmorency has a small, basic playground in a lovely shady bushland area. There are swings, fort, slide and some other elements. Good for some short break and chill. You can help to make this article better by uploading some photos.
near 22 Olympic Avenue, Montmorency VIC 3094, Australia
- Eltham Lower Park is a great park with lots of features, especially for kids of all ages and all abilities. It is located on Main Rd in Eltham. It features a beautiful, brand new Eltham Copper Butterfly themed accessible playground with awesome equipment. The large fenced play space is soft fall grounded, partially shady by trees. There are sculptures outlining the life cycle of the Eltham Copper Butterfly including wooden caterpillars and giant ants that kids can climb and sit on it, pretty nice butterfly wheels climbing walls, double flying fox - one with pommel, the other a harness seat, wheelchair-accessible carousel, a dry creek bed sandpit with accompanying elevated sand tables and a water pump, tactile panels with Braille and Auslan symbols throughout the site, tunnel slide down of a lumpy hill, regular, baby, nest and accessible swing, stand on spinner, wobbly mirrors. If it is not enough, visit the Diamond Valley Railway close at the park, the mini railway that sure your kids will adore! There are accessible water fountains, accessible picnic tables, accessible amenities building, BBQ facilities and picnic shelters, seating, accessible parking, accessible toilets. This park even hosts two ovals, lovely walk paths under nice trees, Eltham District Horse & Pony Club, Lower Eltham Cricket Club. This is definitely a must visit place!! You can help to make this article better by uploading so me photos.
near 1 Hohnes Road, Eltham VIC 3095, Australia
- The playground is set at Petrie Park, located on Bridge Crescent in Montmorency. It is a fun and colourful play area. It is best suited for younger kids, suitable for toddlers. Partially fenced, unsheltered but there are some shady trees around. Kids can enjoy varied playgroud elements as lovely train with tunnel and abacus, climbing set with bridge, two slides, small climbing nets, other abacus, two spring riders, swings, including baby swings, rope climbing tower. There are benches and picnic tables, public toilets and car parking. Next to the playground is an oval, if you want to kick to footy. Right next to railway line, great for train lovers. Also, near the playground you can find the Montmorency Scout Group and the Montmorency – Eltham RSL family friendly venue. Great place for some outdoor activity and fun.
near 5 Bridge Crescent, Montmorency VIC 3094, Australia
- This playground is located on Diamond Creek Trail. It is partially fenced and unshaded. As toy equipment you can find a mounted swings and an ordinary one. Toy equipment is placed on a softfall area.
5 Pitura Place, Eltham Victoria 3095, Australia
- Briar Hill Community Hall playground is located between Campbell and Mountain View Roads. Briar Hill Community Hall is made of a main hall with a dance and a kitchen area. The playground is unfenced, unsheltered, but there some trees offers a nice shade. As toy equipment you can find fort with 2 slides, various climbing frames including a small climbing wall and a small climbing net, bridge, various sliding poles and 2 spring riders for little ones. It is unfenced and unsheltered. There are benches and picnic tables under the trees. Car parking is available. Great place for activity and relax.
near 8 Campbell Road, Briar Hill VIC 3088, Australia
- This playground is set at Montmorency Park on Para Road. It's partially fenced, unsheltered, naturally shaded by some trees, suitable for toddlers. As toy equipment, there are two forts, one smaller with a slide, climbing frame and abacus and another bigger one with a slide, monkey bar, spiral climbing frame, climbing/sliding poles, climbing net, also a spring rider and a see saw. You can find seats, picnic tables, BBQ and car parking. There are sport courts beside. This playground is with a grassy green environment, good for relax, play and sports.
near 93-109 Para Road, Montmorency VIC 3094, Australia
- This playground you can find on Plenty River Trail on the Lower Plenty Rd beside the sports courts. It's unfenced, unshaded, suitable for toddlers. There are 2 forts, a smaller and a bigger one, with slides, climbing net, monkey bar, sliding/climbing poles and frames, spring rider, see saw, swings. Beside there is a basket, a football court and tennis courts. You can find seats and car parking. There are bus stops on Lower Plenty Rd. The Plenty River Trail is good for walkers, runners, bikers. There are bus stops on Lower Plenty Rd. This place is great for motional recreation.
near Plenty River Trail, Lower Plenty VIC 3085, Australia
- The playground is set at James Cook Drive Reserve, located on James Cook Drive in Diamond Creek. The play area is unfenced, unsheltered but partially shady by nice trees. Suitable for toddlers. As toy equipment you can find fort with slides, monkey bar, climbing spider net and other climbing frames, 2 animal spring riders for littlies, sliding pole, 2 baby and 2 senior swings. There is a picnic table under shady trees, pack some snack and a good book for a fine afternoon relax.
near 30-32 James Cook Drive, Diamond Creek VIC 3089, Australia