Sydney's Water play playgrounds
A list of playgrounds with water play or places to get wet nearby.
- This small but nice foreshore playground is set at the Grand Flaneur Beach. It offers basic toys, mostly for smaller children: ship play structure, slide, two sail springers, and a set of swings. All is set on rubber soft fall surface, surrounded with bike track for these little bikes :) There's plenty of green area around for ball games. Beside the play area you will find a well equipped outdoor gym, also on rubber surface. Beach is near by, toilets are a bit far away to the east. There are two parking lots in the park, one by the playground and another by the toilets.
Homestead Park, Homestead Ave, Chipping Norton NSW, Australia
- This great and well equipped playground is set at Sutherland Shire Centenary Park on Karimble Road, Miranda. Partially fenced, partially shaded, suitable for all ages. There are three play areas. One has a giant flying fox, real experience! Another one has a double slide and on sand ground a water play. The third play area is shaded by sail, sand groundes and there is a 3seats rocker, 2 baby swings and 2 senior swings, a large rope climbing tower and a fort with slide. There is a bike track and some grassy spaces for more activities. You can find covered picnic areas with BBQs. Car parking and toilets are available, too. It is an award winner playground: NSW Sustainable Water Challenge in 2006 , High Commendation in IPWEA Excellence Awards 2007. This park and playground recommends plenty of activities for all ages for all family to spend some quality free time. Excellent place! You can help to make this article better by uploading some photos on your next visit.
near Karimble Road, Miranda NSW 2228, Australia
- Seymour Reserve is a part of Moore Reserve, where you can find picnic tables, BBQ and toilets. Playground is located behind an impressive stone wall gateway. Kids can play on two spring riders, swings or on playsytem with forts, slides, tunnel and lots of things to climb on. All in all a nice place for the whole day and the whole family. Please help make this article better and add some photos and comments, thank you
near 64 Seymour Street, Hurstville Grove NSW 2220, Australia
- Playground is located on the intersection of Jenny Dixon Reserve and Lions Park. On the reserve side are toilets, a couple of sheltered picnic tables, sheltered BBQ and also a very nice beach. Playground lies in a shady area with toys like play system with many ladders, bridges, monkey bar, slide.
near 9 Henderson Street, Norah Head Novi Južni Wales 2263, Avstralija
- A nice an simple playground amoung the trees on the beach at Rose Bay. A climbing net and a bunch of other climbing things, and a single pole merry-go-round. There are bench seats and a lovely wide sandy beach to play on, get wet and watch the boats and planes. A lovely place to hang out. Tricky getting a park at times, Walk down the steps to the beach to find the playground.
near 5-15 Wunulla Rd, Point Piper NSW 2027, Australia
- This adventure playground is located in Clifton Gardens Reserve, on Bradleys Head and Chowder Head walk at the Chowder Bay with beach for swimming or just a play in the sand, toilets with showers & change rooms. The play area is sandy, sheltered by sail, unfenced, suitable for all ages. The equipment includes wheelchair swing, large rope climbing ball, climbing tower and more climbing nets, swings, merry-go-round, spring riders, big see saw, slide, sliding and climbing poles, and the whole play area is sandy, as a big sandpit, so bring beach toys too and the littlies will enjoy a sand play under the shade cloths. :) There is a long walk, the Bradleys Head and Chowder Head walk, there are open grassy areas, good for ball games, also picnic tables. You can get fresh coffee at Ripples Chowder Bay at the east end of the beach. There are toilets, change rooms, showers and car parking. Superb place for all the family!
near 23 Morella Road, Mosman NSW 2088, Australia
- This modern, unusual playground is in Tumbalong Park on Harbour St, Darling Quarter. Suitable for all ages. There is a waterplay system with pathways with waterfalls, small fountains and series of irregular fountains keep children amused as they chase the water, water-wheel entices, a large Archimedes screw, gates, these elements the children can manipulate manually, this system is really interesting for children to experiment and follow the path of the water. Adjacent to the water play area is a children’s playground with all the usual equipment — but with a difference. The equipment is integrated into the landscape, dominated by neutral colours and built on a large scale. There are: large slide what is scaled by using ropes, 10 meters tall climbing tower, sandpits with diggers, giant net swings for more kids to sit on, series of balance beams, an 18.7-metre-long course of balance ropes, very cushiony soft-fall is moulded with climbing grips to give access to smaller slides, large flying fox and more. Great playground, especially on warm days! There are some cafes, fast foods and restaurants nearby, for the hungry kids after a great play and fun :)
Tumbalong Park Darling Quarter, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
- If you want a long day's fun for you and your kids, you should visit this Park. Kids will be busy with discovering all the toys and you'll enjoy a long stroll to the cafe. There's a half circle construction with several swings at the entrance. It is followed by several tunnels and long slides with stairs and climbing equipment. There's also a huuuuge horizontal climbing net. If you don't have enough so far, you'll definitely stop at the long flying fox or check out the tree house behind it. At the very end kids will enjoy water play with a bunch of little fountains. Maybe the best water playground in Sydney??? Parents can enjoy a cup of coffee at Armory Wharf Cafe (http://armorywharfcafe.com/), open Monday-Thursday 8.30am to 4pm Friday 8.30am to 9.30pm Saturday 7.30am to 9.30pm Sunday 7.30am to 5.30pm Public Holidays 8.30am to 5pm Dinner service on Friday's and Saturday's over Daylight Saving. If you get hungry the Cafe offers meals or you can bring your own and enjoy some of the shaded picnic areas. Toilets are located west of the Cafe, parking lot is at the entrance (it fills up quickly on the weekends, try to get there before 10am if it is warm sunny day). Enjoy :)
Jamieson Street, Silverwater NSW 2128, Australia
- This playground is located next to the Parramatta River, on Kissing Point Bay, Pellisier Rd. The playground is pretty well shaded by sails, unfenced, suitable for all ages. There is an interesting water play area with two nicely landscaped shallow paddling pools with a little (fake) river running between them. There is a bubble beach section and plenty of room for your kids to splash about. Nearby are some huge coloured squares, pyramids and balls which kids seem to find fascinating. Another play area has a large rope climbing tower, large fort system with lookout tower and tunnel slide and some combination equipment. There is a play area for littlies, too, with a small fort, slide,short tunnel, abacus, spring riders, swings. There are large grassed areas for sports and ball games and a bike track for biking, skating. You can find electric BBQs, sheltered picnic areas, toilets and car parking. It is a really great place for family picnics with beautiful waterviews in the background.
near 58-60 Pellisier Rd, Putney NSW 2112, Australia
- Do your kids like boats? There's a big sail boat shaped playhouse with slides, climbing toys, bridge and more. Spring riders are beside it, swings are a little further along. Across the large parking lot is sandy beach (to the east) so you can take kids for some water play in the Botany Bay. BBQs are close to the toys, C Side Restaurant is at the end of parking lot to north.
near 169 Bestic Street, Brighton-Le-Sands SNW 2216, Australia
- This adventure playground is situated at Pirrama Park on Pirrama Road located in the inner city suburb of Pyrmont. There is open view to Johnstons Bay. It is a stunning waterfront award-winning park with large grassed areas for recreation and play, children’s playground with imaginative play equipment from ‘whale bones’ to musical instruments and a community square located at the southern edge of the site with a shaded, grassed area overlooking the sheltered bay. So, the playground equipment has: an area for water play, large climbing net and many kinds of climbing frames, kinds of swings for any ages, musical elements, stand on spinners, large sandpit with diggers and more entertaining elements. You can find seats everywhere around, also sheltered seating areas, there are grassy areas, too. There is a car parking. Interesting modern place!
- Play ground Elba Way is located on 7 Elba Way Glenwood. The playground has a small lake for water play for high school kids, primary school kids and preschoolers if they are supervised. The lake is surrounded by trees. The playground also has slides and a merry go round for preschoolers. It also has a large playground where preschoolers, primary school kids and high school kids can play different ball games or just run round the filed. The park is partially fenced.
7 Elba Way, Glenwood NSW 2768, Australia
- This playground is for younger kids. There are interactive sound features, giant guiros, a water feature, ‘hug-me’ poles and turtle sculptures. Kids will love it here. Restaurant, parking lot and toilets are near by. Check out the organised nature play programe for preschoolers at http://www.centennialparklands.com.au/whatson/whats_on/kids/banksia_buddies.
near Banksia Way, Centennial Park NSW 2021, Australia
- This is a playground worth visiting. Found on Beach Street, Coogee, NSW, it is a playground that not only the kids will enjoy but adults as well. Really cool toys for the kids to play on. Lots of seats available including picnic tables. Not only is this place for kids but for high school kids and even adults as it is quite close to the beach. As a result, this playground could be a bit busy. Car park available very close to the playground.This playground has very cool surroundings and it very large to accommodate many. Why not make a day of it and head down to the beach and rock pools as well. McIver's Baths - pool is women only.
near 144 Beach St, Coogee NSW 2034, Australia
- Being situated alongside a beachfront, makes this playground the ideal setting for the adults and kids. With a fence enclosing the playground, the little ones can play and the adults can take in all the wonders of the sun, sea and sand. Cook Park is very large in size, but finding the playground on The Grand Parade Drive in Dolls Point, is easy. It can get a bit windy here.
The Grand Parade, Sans Souci NSW , 2219, Australia
- This playground has been renewed and themed "water play". You better bring a bathing suit here for kids or prepaire to take them home in wet clothes. They won't be able to resist water play. There are several other toys including slides, swings and climbing net. One of the attractions of the playground is a great flying fox. Bring along your lunch, there are a couple of BBQs there and picnic tables. Park is nice and shady so it doesn't get too hot during summer days. Have fun! Please help make this article better and add some photos and data, thank you
near 603 Illawarra Road, Marrickville NSW 2204, Australia
- Gough Whitlam Park is a great park with things to do for the whole family which makes it a great picnic spot or a place to spend the afternoon. It is well equipped with things for disabled (toilets, parking spaces). Starting at the parking lot there are toilets and showers on one side and playground on the other. Further ahead you see a creek and across the path a basketball court and the oval. Picnic tables and BBQ's are next to the playground which is colourful and sun shaded. Kids can play on swings.. Please help make this article better and add some photos and comments, thank you
near 3 Bayview Avenue, Earlwood NSW 2206, Australia
- For a days of fun or just a nice afternoon, visit this park It's huge and kids will have lots of fun. Little ones will enjoy playing games in the sand, see-saw and swings, or just simple water play. Older ones will enjoy long slides, climbing tower and a 20 m long flying fox. Park is accessible for all. There are picnic tables and BBQ so bring your lunch. Toilets are on Manning Street. Parking is up front. Have fun :)
near 9 Byrnes Street, Rozelle NSW 2039, Australia
- This playground is located on Parsley Road inside Parsley Bay Reserve. It is unfenced and naturally shaded. As toy equipment you can find two forts with three slides and one tunnel. At the side of this play system you can find a see-saw and two set of swings. All equipment is placed on a softfall area. Near the park you an find two unsheltered picnic areas, parking and some seating. Oh and don't forget the beach and bay, and great place to play in the sand and water.
near 22 Parsley Rd, Vaucluse NSW 2030, Australia
- This park is located on Elouera Road. It is unfenced and unshaded. As toy equipment you can find three forts with three slides on one area. At another area you can find some swings. One set for babies and another for senior kids. Equipment is set on a softfall area. At the side you can find some parking. Around this park you can find a bike track. It is also beside Cronulla beach so there is plenty of sand and surf to be enjoyed. there are a few nearby cafe's and kiosks. a great place to play
near LOT 6 Elouera Road, Cronulla NSW 2230, Australia
- This small park is located on Little Manly Beach at the intersection of Marshall and Stuart Street. It is partially fenced and unshaded. As toy equipment you can find a set of swings (one for babies and another one for older kids). Equipment is placed on a softfall area. Near this park there is also a kiosk, swimming area and the pleasant beach.
End of Stuart Street, Manly NSW 2095, Australia
- Have fun at this playground located in the middle of the park, surrounded by lush trees and water. There are several picnic tables around and BBQs. Bring kiddy bikes so kids can have fun on tracks. Toys include spring rider, slide, monkey bars and other climbing toys. Swings are near by. Toilets are close to the playground, parking is a th the entrance to the park. If you desire a nice lunch in the restaurant, check out Banjo Paterson Cottage Restaurant at the end of Punt Rd. Have a lovely day at the park.
near 38 Punt Road, Gladesville NSW 2111, Australia
- This small playground is located inside Bonna Point Reserve. It is partially fenced and unshaded. As toy equipment you can find a set of swings. Bonna Point Reserve offers an ample open field space for families and large groups to enjoy. At the side you can find some parking. Toy equipment is set on softfall area. And of cource there is a small fairly sheltered beach near opposite the road near the boat ramp. Great place to splash in the water and watch the planes takeoff or land.
near 306 Prince Charles Parade, Kurnell NSW 2231, Australia
- A perfect spot for family picnics. It offers basic toys for smaller children and plenty of space for ball games and running. Toilets are at the entrance. BBQ's and picnic tables are scattered around the area. Open water is nearby. Parking is available on Brooks Street.
beginning of Brooks Street, Arcadia Vale NSW 2283, Australia
- The Mort Bay Park is located on Mort Street, Birchgrove, New South Wales. It is in a residential area. The playground has a fort, 3 slides, 2 swing sets, a climbing tower and a jumping star on a trampoline all placed on soft fall and is suitable for toddlers, pre and primary schoolers. The playground is near open water and is partially fenced. There are benches all around the playground for parents to sit on and keep an eye on their children. There is also an unsheltered picnic table near the park for snacks or lunches.
LOT 23 Mort St, Birchgrove NSW 2041, Australia
- New playground on the Landcom area. Limited information at the moment love to hear from people who have visited it. It sounds like a good playground. http://www.landcom.com.au/places/thornton-penrith/overview.aspx
near Thornton Drive, Penrith Novi Južni Wales 2750, Avstralija
- This grassy playground is set on Valentia Street and on a the waterfront near the ferry. It is unfenced and unshaded. As toy equipment you can find a themed fort with a slide, a set of swings and a see-saw. Some seating and parking is available at the side of this park. Parking can be hard.
near 1 Valentia St, Woolwich NSW 2110, Australia
- This playgoround is located at the beginning of Patonga Caravan & Camping Area, next to two tennis courts. With a giant spaceball climbing tower for older ones and play system shaped in a form of a ship with slides and swings for younger ones, it is a perfect place for children of all ages. There are a couple of BBQs down the road and some picnic tables so there's no reason not the spend here the whole day and enjoy the place. Open water - Brisk Bay is not far away.
Bay Street, Patonga Caravan & Camping Area Patonga NSW 2256, Australia
- Lambeth Park is located on 762 Henry Lawson Drive, Picnic Point, New South Wales. The park is suitable for toddlers, pre, primary, high schoolers and adults. The playground is located in a picnic site. It has a slide, 2 sets of swings, 2 spring riders, a climbing net and monkey bar all placed on soft fall and they are suitable for pre and primary schoolers. There are lots of sheltered picnic tables and there is a lake near the playground where they can swim. The are slab benches all around the playground for parents to sit on and watch the children play.
762 Henry Lawson Dr, Picnic Point NSW 2213, Australia
- Avalon Beach Park is a small playground situated at just back from the south end of Avalon Beach. Toy equipment for this park includes: one fort with slide and standing poles to play with. This area is not fenced and it is recommended for primary schools kids. Around the playground there are seats and a variety of nearby facilities such as: cafes, a shopping centre, a surf club, Community Centre and parking. The area is suitable for picnics as well. On Barrenjoey Road you can find a bus stop.
off Barrenjoey Rd (south end of Avalon Beach), Avalon NSW 2107, Australia
- Lakeside Park is located on Lakeside Road and near a water front. It is not fenced and toy equipment includes: one swing, one merry go round and one climbing net. Around the park you an find a cycle trac, some parking. At one side of Lakeside Road you can find some shops. At the other side on the same street you can find a cafe. Aqua Fun Park is also located near the park. Good area with plenty of facilites to enjoy.
near 12-14 Lake Park Rd, North Narrabeen NSW 2101, Australia
- This playground is locates on North Steyne at a waterfront in Manly. It is unfenced and unshaded. As for toy equipment just a set of swings. Parking is available at the front of the park.This is a pleasant area for parents and kids to enjoy as it has an excellent view, beach to play in and food shops nearby.
near 116 North Steyne, Manly NSW 2095, Australia
- This playground is in Monash Reserve on Henry Lawson Drive opposite Harcourt Ave. It is unfenced and unshaded. You will find a set of swings and a slide down near the water. The park has a nice spread of trees and there is a small sandy beach on the backs of Georges River for a bit of splashing. Please add some photos on your next visit - thanks
near LOT 3 Henry Lawson Dr, East Hills NSW 2213, Australia
- The playground in Sirus Cove is located on Curlew Camp Rd Mosman, New South Wales. The playground is located in a residential area near a beach. It has 2 swings, a fort and a curved slide all placed on soft fall and is suitable for toddlers, pre and primary schoolers. There is beach near the playground with lots of sail boats suitable for pre, primary and high schoolers. There are unsheltered picnic tables near the playground for snacks or lunches. The playground is fully fenced. There is also the nearby sandy beach and water that can keep you entertained as well.
near 8 Curlew Camp Rd, Mosman NSW 2088, Australia
- Gunnamatta Park is a pleasant park with a well kept playground on the Cronulla train station side. Access via Tonkin St or the driveway off Nicholson Prde. The protected beach is a great place to enjoy the sand, water and watch passing ferry. The play equipment is well shaded by trees and has a slide, climbing toys and swings. There are also picnic shelters.
near 29 Tonkin Street, Cronulla NSW 2230, Australia
- For a lovely day out in nature go and visit this playground. It is suitable for older kids. They will enjoy exploring the big wooden house and slides, climbing net and swings. There's sandy beach so building sand castles is a must :) If children get tired of playing on the playground you can check out the Aboriginal interpretive walking track which leads you around the island through the bushland and offers great views of the harbour and city. Benches are beside water, overlooking water. Parking spaces are limited (on Shirley Rd). Please help make this article better and add some photos of the playground, thank you.
start of Shirley Road, Wollstonecraft NSW 2065, Australia
- Iluka Park joins Iluka and Barrenjoey Roads, Palm Beach. The open park has a playground in the middle which is fairly basic but has a two wings (including a baby swing), a small slide and a see-saw. There is a parking area and a sign pointing to the public toilet (but I have not checked it out). Across Iluka Rd is the narrow Sand Point Lane, which leads to a sandy beach on the Pittwater, and nice place to play in the water and sand.
near 34 Iluka Rd, Palm Beach NSW 2108, Australia
- A wonderful playground with toys like small climbing tower, climbing dome, playhouse with slide and climbing net.. Tracks lead to the sandy beach so bring some sand toys. There's a Family Restaurant close to the entrance. Several sheltered picnic tables available around the area.
LOT 1 Wilberforce Road, Freemans Reach NSW 2756, Australia
- There's a tree house on this playground that can be accessed through cable tunnel, steps and bridge. There are also a see-saw and a slide and a deck on a spring. Kids can play with winches and excavators and have lots of fun.
near LOT 18 Brothers Avenue, Cammeray NSW 2062, Australia
- At the end of Prince of Wales Drive there is a nice set of playgrounds with lots of BBQ space. Area is partly shaded by trees. There is a fort with spiral slide for kids, climbing net, monkey bar and upside-down seesaw and swing combination. There are two sheltered BBQ areas. A large open area for ball games and four basketball courts just behind the trees. Toilets (for disabled also) are near by. There are many parking spaces (some reserved for disabled). Just along the street there is West Pymble Swimming Pool.
End of Prince of Wales Drive, West Pymble New South Wales 2073, Australia